Nepal: Stateless for Generations
Dukhani Saday, 65, from Siraha, Nepal never received her citizenship certificate. This has stopped her from availing any kind of facility from the state. Her statelessness resulted in her children’s statelessness, too. Even the generations before her were never recognized by the state.
Her grandchildren go to the nearest school in Lahan to study but the school has not formally registered their names citing the absence of their birth registration, which was impossible to acquire, for Dukhani’s children are also stateless.
“We did all we could,” says Rajkumar Saday, Dukhani’s son, “my father fought the same fight. So did my grandfather.”
Dukhani’s family is an example. A huge section of the Musahar community is deprived of every social and political right.
The total population of Musahar people according to the 2011 census in Nepal is over two lakhs.
Nitish Kumar has sworn as CM for the eighth time. Here’s a fact you should not miss.
Nalanda in Bihar has been the constituency of five decades long CM Nitish Kumar. In Nalanda, 92% SC/ST farmers are landless and bonded laborers. And in Patna, the capital of Bihar where every CM ruled from, 91.6% SC/ST farmers are landless and bonded laborers.
Bihar Political Crisis explained in six points
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar today held two meetings with the Bihar Governor. At first he handed in a resignation letter and declared the end of alliance with BJP.
- In another meeting, he appeared with RJD chief Tejashwi Yadav and other opposition leaders and informed the Governor about forming a Mahagathbandhan Government.
- On his way back, he told the media that Mahagathbandhan consists of 164 MLAs from seven parties and one independent from RJD, Congress etc.
- Nitish Kumar justified the crisis by explaining how BJP was trying to repeat the Maharashtra crisis model in Bihar by taking away his own JD(U) MLAs.
- Rounds of negotiation going on between Tejashwi Yadav and Nitish Kumar on Home ministry and Assembly Speaker.
- After the political crisis senior BJP leaders flew to capital Patna to handle the crisis.
Bihar Political Crisis: Nitish Kumar ends decades long alliance with BJP
After a rough tension between Nitish Kumar led alliance government in Bihar, followed by a meeting with party MLAs, the decades old alliance with BJP officially comes to an end.
Amidst this, RJD and left MLAs gathered at the residence of RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav. Congress and RJD are ready with their letters of support.